The MeetWord help Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other people learn English Words efficiently.
From version 4.243 to 4.245
Reduced the fontsize of phonetic transcription. Revised the color setting of spellings at some modes.
Menus can display unicode characters.
Tips for using
- Repeat on suitable time according to user's learning history.
- Phonetics: Kenyon and Knott, the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
- Clear pronunciations.
- 18000 English words, 4000 English definitions, 15000 Sample sentences.
- GRE wordlist, TOEFL wordlist, SAT wordlist, IELTS wordlist, 5000 most frequently used American English words list.
- Simplified Chinese translations, Traditional Chinese translations, Korean translations, Japanese translations of English words.
- The program can find original words as user's course from a text. For example, the program can find "wife, meet, meeting, sell" from a text: "wives, meeting, asdfg, sold".
- Efficient learning modes: Pairing words with translations; Pairing words with example sentences; Moving the letters to form the complete spelling; Inputing a letter to form the complete spelling; recalling the meaning by spelling; recalling the English word by a translation; recalling the spelling and translation by a pronunciation; recalling the English word by a pronunciation and a sample sentence or a definition.
- For each user name, the program MeetWord creates a file. The file records what words were added in user's course, how words were studied under various modes.
- The operation "Add words" , does not erase user's past record.
- When adding words, the program can find original words from a text. For example, the program can find "wife, meet, meeting, sell" from "wives, meeting, asdfg, sold".
- In modes such as "From English Words", you can practice spelling by typing. The cursor is hidden.
- In all modes, first review some words if needed, then learn new words.
- In the program MeetWord, there are English definitions for 4000 words. There are sample sentences for 15000 words. On the English interface, definitions display if possible . On other language interfaces, sample sentences display if possible.
- Query and Modify: Input a English word and press "Enter", then the definition or the translation will be display. The definition or the translation can be edited. When the text changes, the "Save" button becomes active.
- Search: Input one or several English words, part of a English word, or characters of the translation langguage, then press 'Enter'. Related words and sentences will display.
- User files are in a folder "D:\MingLang English\files\".
- If a user name is John then the file that saves how words are learned is "user ... John.mdb".
- The file that saves the modifications to definitions is "definition_user.txt".
- The file that saves modifications to translations is "dic_user.txt".
- A user can directly open the sen_user.txt and add English example sentences in it. The sen_sample.txt provides the format. A translation of a sentence, can be added if willing. For one word, if you have added two sample, then the program displays only the back one.
- On the same computer, the files definition_user.txt, dic_user.txt, sen_user.txt, are shared for all users. When upgrade, these files will not be overwritten.
- Before registering, the MeetWord display only words with the letter "a" as first letter.
- After the registration, "Delete all words", then "Add words".
- After the registration, download and install the voice package: http://www.minglang.org/download/VoiceFilesforMeetWord_setup.exe